Saturday, June 5, 2010

Foyers on my mind...

Ruthie Sommers saturated this foyer in Blue Seafoam
by Benjamin Moore. The pool-like color looks fantastic
with the sanded and waxed 18th-century floorboards.
What a striking introduction designed by Kay Douglass!
I love the contrast with the pale walls and antique table
against the bluestone floors and dark upholstery.
Barbara Westbrook designed this rustic and simple
entryway. I love the vintage fishing creels that
introduce the staircase. Do I need to mention
the branch from the backyard? Didn't think so.
The Turquoise Empire Chandelier by Marjorie Skouras
defines this well-executed space by designer
This casual but elegant foyer from designer
Jeffrey Bilhuber is one of my favorites. Custom
fabric by John Robshaw skirts the table.
Walls in Pocket Watch White (Ralph Lauren) and a floor
painted with marine deck paint become a backdrop for
designer Jonathan Adler's youthful and breezy entry.
Madeline Weinrib textiles transform a bench
in this Cathy Kincaid designed foyer.
The clients already owned that
handsome heraldic crest.
_______

images via House Beautiful

3 comments:

  1. You posted two of my all time favorite foyers...the Douglass and Westbrook ones...actually, love that whole Westbrook house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning images! Love to see foyers so gorgeous!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is the last one. I'm sure that is a huge shock to you :)...

    ReplyDelete